Deluxe Turbotax Installation & Setup
TURBOTAX DELUXE CD/DOWNLOAD ADDITIONAL FEATURE LIST
- AUDIT RISK METER
Reduces the chance of you getting a tax audit when we check your return for audit triggers and show your risk level.
- NO TAX KNOWLEDGE NEEDED
Just a few questions about your year and we will fill in the right tax forms for you.
- LIVE EXPERT ANSWERS BY PHONE
We have a live expert help where our credentialed tax experts have answers for every situation and will always be there to help you from start to finish.
- AUTOMATIC IMPORT OF YOUR W-2 AND 1099 INFO
We can automatically import your W-2 and 1099 tax form over from a million participating employers and financial institutions.
- GET A HEAD START
Your information will be automatically imported from last year’s TurboTax return to help save time and increase accuracy. Even personal information can be imported about you and your family if you have prepared your taxes with TaxAct or H&R Block CD/Download software.
- YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE
We test our site daily for security and use the most advanced technology available and we’re dedicated to safeguarding your personal information.
- YOUR TAX REFUND, YOUR WAY
You can choose to receive your tax refund either by check or direct deposit to your bank.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR COMPUTER
In order to get the TurboTax Deluxe software installed on your windows computer, you would need the following system requirements.
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or faster processor
- 1024×768 or higher recommended
- Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Pro with Service Pack 3 or higher
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Home Basic/Home Premium?Business/Ultimate
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- 1GB or more recommended
Hard Disk Space
- 650 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 client if not already installed)
- 2X CD-ROM
Third Party Software
- Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 included with TurboTax Installer .
- Adobe Reader 11 or higher.
- Administrative rights required.
- 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- Any Windows-compatible inkjet or laserjet
In order to get the TurboTax Deluxe software installed on your Mac computer, you would need the following system requirements.
- Intel-based 64-bit Processor
- MAC OS X v10.6.6 or later (64-bit required)
- MAC OS X v10.7.5 or later
- MAC OS X v10.8.0 or later
- 1024×768 screen resolution
- 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Federal Products: 330 MB
- State Products: 30 MB
- Federal plus State Products: 360MB
- 56 Kbps modem (Broadband connection required)
- Any Macintosh-compatible or laser printer
HOW TO INSTALL TURBOTAX DELUXE ON WINDOWS 8
- Insert the TurboTax disc into the computer which has windows 8.
- Run the disc or if you downloaded the software run the downloaded software as the administrator.
- It would start to extract the files now
- Once the software is open hit the next button.
- You will get the License Agreement now Click on “I Agree” at the bottom right.
- It will take some time to install now.
- When the TurboTax software is done installing you will get a screen that says TurboTax 2017 is Installed.
- Now At the bottom right click on the Launch TurboTax option.
- Once it loads you will get an option to Update your TurboTax software in order to stay up to date with your software so go ahead and update it.
- Now That the updates are installed click on continue using TurboTax 2017 and you will be good to go.
HOW TO INSTALL TURBOTAX BASIC ON WINDOWS 10
- Run the TurboTax software on your computer.
- The software would start to extract the files and begin the installation process.
- After it is done the setup will open so just hit on the “NEXT” button to continue with the installation.
- You will have to agree with the license agreement by clicking on “I AGREE” at the bottom right.
- It would start to install the TurboTax software on your computer now.
- It would take time to get installed and once its done go ahead and launch the software.
- It would first ask you to update so hit the “Update the software if you are connected and once you are done just continue to turboTax and you can use the software.
HOW TO USE TURBOTAX DELUX ON MAC
- OPEN the Finder and Select the Setup file that you have downloaded. Or if you are using a disc choose the disc drive and open the TurboTax software.
- Drag and drop the TurboTax software to your applications folder.
- It would start to verify the software once it’s done just hit the open button.
- You can choose whether to allow the software to access your calendar and reminders or not in order to keep notified.
- Now it would verify to make sure everything is up to date and it would scan for updates.
- Once its done install the updates you will get an option there to click on.
- It would take some time to download the updates.
- Hit on install and relaunch in order to get the latest updates installed.
- And the TurboTax software will open and you can start using the software.
TROUBLESHOOT INSTALLING AND RUNNING TURBOTAX DELUX 2017 ON WINDOWS
Sometimes when a software does n’t run properly on a computer it is best to do a small troubleshoot in order to find the problem.
If you are having problems while installing the TurboTax Deluxe software you could give these steps a try.
- Run the Windows file checker tool in order to make sure you have all the files required to get the printer installed.
- You can just hit the start button at the bottom and type in command prompt and right click on it and run it as the administrator, once done type in “SFC /SCANNOW” and hit the enter buttoned it would automatically start the windows file checker tool.
- Now try getting it installed and it should work.
- If you have downloaded the Software online, Delete the downloaded software and download it again from the same place you downloaded it the first time and It you will be able to go through with the installation.
If you are having problems while running the TurboTax Deluxe software you could give these steps a try.
- Download the Latest Windows update and make sure your computer is upto date.
- And also make sure you have the latest version of Java running on your computer.
- Turn off advance text service that is if your are using Windows XP only.
UNABLE TO UNINSTALL TURBOTAX DELUXE FROM WINDOWS 7,8,10 OR VISTA
You will not be abled to uninstall TurboTax from a computer that has Windows 7,8,10 or Vista.
FORCEFULLY UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL TURBOTAX DELUXE 2017
- Browse and enter to the following location on your hard drive where the software is installed. Replace XX with the 2 Digit Tax year of the turboTax program you want to uninstall for example 17 represents TurboTax 2017. :C:ProgramFilesCommon FilesIntuitTurboTaxTYXXXPERMSI
- Now Right click each file in the folder and hit the uninstall option.
- Once your done doing that Delete the following Directories, Where XX is the 2-digit tax year of the program you’ve just uninstalled.
- For Windows 10/8/7/Vista 64-Bit
- C:/Program Filesx86/Common Files/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
- C:/Program Filesx86/TurboTAXTYXX
- C:/USERS/[Your username]/AppData/Roaming/Intuit/TurboTaxx/TYXX
- For Windows 10/8/7/Vista 32-Bit
- C:/Program Filesx/Common Files/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
- C:/Program Filesx/TurboTAXTYXX
- C:/USERS/[Your username]/AppData/Roaming/Intuit/TurboTaxx/TYXX
- For Windows XP
- C:/Program Files/Common Files/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
- C:/Program Files/TurboTax/[Version]/20XX-replace [Version] with Deluxe.
- C:/Documents and settings/AllUsers/Application Data/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
- C:/Documents and settings/[Your username]/Application Data/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
This website is a third party service provider for software installation issues. This is to prove that we are not associated with any hardware or software companies and are established solely to provide technical assistance to users. Also, the images, logos and the brands mentioned are just to furnish information and we are not in association with Intuit Turbotax.