TurboTax installation is software that is used to keep you upto date with the latest tax laws so that you can be confident your taxes are done right.
TURBOTAX BASIC CD/DOWNLOAD ADDITIONAL FEATURE LIST
EASY TO USE.
No basic knowledge is required just simple easy questions about your year and we’ll fill in the right tax forms for you.
PERSONALISED UNIQUENESS TO EVERY SITUATION
Just a few questions about you and based on that we’ll search for your every tax credit that applies to you.
We’ll double check your tax return for accuracy before you file so that you don’t miss a thing.
FASTER WAY TO FINISH YOUR TAX RETURN
Once you’re done with federal taxes your information will be transferred on to your state return so that your state return finishes fast and easy
NO REGULAR APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED
Your progress gets automatically saved so that you can always pick up where you left off. You can finish your tax return in a visit or you can take your time and do a little at a time.
LATEST TAX LAWS ALWAYS UP TO DATE
Turbo tax automatically changes the tax laws once it’s updated so that you can be confident that the IRS and state tax forms are always updated.
SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
Our site is tested daily in order to make sure our security services are always active and we use the most advanced technology available mainly to secure your personal information.
Your federal and state tax refunds will be displayed and updated automatically as you do your income taxes to know where you always stand.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR COMPUTER
In order to get the TurboTax Basic software installed on your computer, you would need the following system requirements.
- Pentium 4 or later
Athlon or later
- 1024×768 or higher recommended
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or latest)
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- 1GB or more recommended
Hard Disk Space
- 650 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 client if not already installed)
Third Party Software
- Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 included with TurboTax Installer.
- Adobe Reader 11 or higher.
- Administrative rights required.
- 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- Any Windows-compatible inkjet or laserjet
HOW TO INSTALL TURBOTAX BASIC ON WINDOWS 8?
- First, insert the TurboTax disc into your windows 8 installed computer.
- Run the disc or if you downloaded the software run the downloaded software as the administrator.
- Or to be on the safer side of the downloaded file right click on the file and scan for threats
- It would start to extract the files now
- Once the software is open hit the next button at the bottom right.
- You will get the License Agreement now Click on “I Agree” at the bottom right after you are done going through it.
- Now it will proceed to the installation. This process will take some time.
- When the TurboTax software is done installing you will get a screen that says TurboTax 2017 is installed.
- At the bottom right click on the Launch TurboTax option.
- It will take some time to load now
- Once it loads you will get an option to update your TurboTax software in order to stay up to date with your software.
- Now That the updates are installed click on continue using TurboTax 2017 and you will be good to go.
HOW TO INSTALL TURBOTAX BASIC ON WINDOWS 10?
- Open the TurboTax software on your computer and run it.
- The software would start to extract the files in order to begin the installation process.
- Now the setup will open so just hit on the “NEXT” button to continue with the installation.
- You will have to agree with the license agreement by clicking on “I AGREE” at the bottom right.
- It would start to install the TurboTax software on your computer now.
- It would take time to get installed and once it’s done go ahead and launch the software.
- It would first ask you to update so hit the “Update the software if you are connected and once you are done just continue to TurboTax and you can use the software.
HOW TO USE TURBOTAX BASIC ON MAC
- Go to the Finder and Select the Setup file that you have downloaded. Or if you are using a disc choose the disc drive and open the TurboTax software.
- Now drag and drop the TurboTax software to your applications folder.
- It would start to verify the software once it’s done just hit the open button.
- You can choose whether to allow the software to access your calendar and reminders or not in order to keep notified.
- Now it would verify to make sure everything is upto date and it would scan for updates.
- Once it’s done install the updates you will get an option there to click on.
- It would take some time to download the updates.
- Now hit on install and relaunch in order to get the latest updates installed.
- You can open the software directly from your desktop if it doesn’t launch and get registered and that’s it.
TROUBLESHOOT INSTALLING AND RUNNING TURBOTAX BASIC 2017 ON WINDOWS
Sometimes when software’s don’t run properly on a computer it is best to do a small troubleshoot in order to rectify the problem.
If you are having problems while installing the TurboTax software you could give these steps a try.
- Run the Windows file checker tool in order to make sure you have all the files required to get the printer installed.
- You can just hit the start button at the bottom and type in command prompt and right click on it and run it as the administrator, once done type in “SFC /SCANNOW” and hit the enter buttoned it would automatically start the windows file checker tool.
- Now try getting it installed and it should work.
- If you have downloaded the Software online, Delete the downloaded software and download it again from the same place you downloaded it the first time and if you will be able to go through with the installation.
UNABLE TO UNINSTALL TURBOTAX BASIC FROM WINDOWS 7,8,10 OR VISTA
You will not be able to uninstall TurboTax from a computer that has Windows 7,8,10 or Vista.
FORCEFULLY UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL TURBOTAX BASIC 2017
- Browse and enter to the following location on your hard drive where the software is installed. Replace XX with the 2 Digit Tax year of the TurboTax program you want to uninstall for example 17 represents TurboTax 2017. :C:ProgramFiles Common Files Into it TurboTaxTYXXXPERMSI
- Now Right click each file in the folder and hit the uninstall option.
- Once your done doing that Delete the following Directories, Where XX is the 2-digit tax year of the program you’ve just uninstalled.
- For Windows 10/8/7/Vista 64-Bit
- C:/Program Filesx86/Common Files/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
- C:/Program Filesx86/TurboTAXTYXX
- C:/USERS/[Your username]/AppData/Roaming/Intuit/TurboTaxx/TYXX
- For Windows 10/8/7/Vista 32-Bit
- C:/Program Filesx/Common Files/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
- C:/Program Filesx/TurboTAXTYXX
- C:/USERS/[Your username]/AppData/Roaming/Intuit/TurboTaxx/TYXX
- For Windows XP
- C:/Program Files/Common Files/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
- C:/Program Files/TurboTax/[Version]/20XX-replace [Version] with Basic, Deluxe, Etc.
- C:/Documents and settings/AllUsers/Application Data/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
- C:/Documents and settings/[Your username]/Application Data/Intuit/TurboTax/TYXX
This website is a third party service provider for software installation issues. This is to prove that we are not associated with any hardware or software companies and are established solely to provide technical assistance to users. Also, the images, logos and the brands mentioned are just to furnish information and we are not in association with Intuit Turbotax.