Basic Turbotax Installation
TurboTax cannot be taxing to the individuals who make regular W-2 Income and lay claim to just the standard deductions. Therefore, we worked out a solution to help more than 65 % of salaried income employees with no other special income to qualify for free tax preparation and filing of Federal and State Income Taxes in the Country. Say Hello to TurboTax Basic released in both Desktop and Online versions.
TurboTax has no reason to restrict all essential features just because the basic product is free. It empowers all salaried citizen with adjusted gross income less than 66K a year to fully leverage the free version provided the Tax returns filed are simple and meets fundamental requirements. Of course, tax payers receiving special income from sale of shares and rental properties and allowable itemized deductions are not exempt though. The whole suite of TurboTax products assures highest possible tax refunds with no compromise whatsoever. Let’s catch a glimpse of key attributes of TurboTax Basic here.
- Simple Tax Preparation and Filing made super easy and at Zero cost.
- Enjoy a whole lot of coverage including ‘Earned Income Credit’ and ‘Child Tax Credit’ in addition to capped Interest and Dividend Income reported on 1099 form.
- Provides on – demand counsel in the instance of an IT audit through a web forum packed with our expert community.
- Seek Answers and Solutions day and night from TurboTax experts and fellow clients.
- TurboTax acts as a single window system to educate yourself about the body of tax laws and constantly changing tax law reforms.
- Custom Modules inbuilt inside TurboTax provides you the impetus to start on a right note and quickly finish the tax preparation as well. One of cool features of the module is to upload your W-2 form to auto fill the fields. Even more simpler is the feature of using last year tax return drafts to fill common fields with minimal user changes leading to more time savings.
- Final Vetting and Review of Tax Returns document before submission to ensure high level of accuracy.
Installation of TurboTax Basic on Windows Computers
We provide you a clean overview on the installation of TurboTax Basic software on Windows based PC’s and Laptops. Close down all running programs on the computer which is a sine qua non for installing any new software on a windows computer to avoid registry changes or possible errors in the system restore point. It’s not over yet ! Turn OFF Windows Firewall and Anti-virus applications temporarily until the installation is fully finished.
Installation using Downloaded Copy of TurboTax :
Get on the TurboTax website and locate the stored TurboTax Basic File in there. Click Download and direct the file either to your Desktop or Downloads folder on your computer for an easy find.
Had you forgotten which folder you stored the file in, the below search strings comes to your rescue.
- Click on Windows Symbol on your PC or Laptop and put in the following search string to identify TurboTax Basic , Premier or Deluxe versions (Federal Returns) : ‘W_TurboTax’ . Bear in mind that your desired file should have the ‘exe’ extension to distinguish itself as an executable file.
- TurboTax State Returns program, however needs different search strings. Use the syntax ‘W_State’ where state refers to the state you reside in.
- Once the exe file is located, double click on the installer to finish TurboTax Basic installation.
Installation from TurboTax Disc :
Insert the TurboTax CD into your Optical Drive slot and automatically AutoPlay option pops up prompting you to run or Install the exe file. At times, the Windows OS might not recognize the installation file inside. Let’s look at what to do in such a scenario.
- Get to your keyboard and press the Windows + R This opens up the Run Window.
- You will find Browse button on the bottom of Run Window. Click on it and maneuver to your optical Drive folder which is generally the D folder.
- Inside the D folder, TurboTax Setup file will be found. Double click on it to launch the installation.
- TurboTax Launch Screen will prompt you to activate the installed version with a message ‘ Your Product is installed, now let’s activate it’. Enter the License key into the License code field and click on continue to help finish the installation. The License Key is a 14 Digit Alphanumeric key commonly seen as labels on the face of the CD or key information during download.
That’s a wrap! you are good to go now ..
Installation of TurboTax Basic on Mac Computers
TurboTax Basic Installation on Mac Systems is easy as a pie.
- Pick up the TurboTax CD and insert it into the CD/DVD drive. Mac will show up a .dmg file clicking on which generates a new virtual drive. The Drive opens up by itself.
- You must now see a pop up window and an Applications folder inside it. Pull the TurboTax icon colored in red inside the Applications folder built inside the pop up window. Do not mistake the Mac Applications folder with the one inside the pop up window. This is very deceiving and users err in this part often.
- TurboTax Launch Screen will prompt you to activate the installed version with a message ‘Your Product is installed, now let’s activate it’. Enter the License key into the License code field and click on continue to help finish the installation. The License Key is a 14 Digit Alphanumeric key commonly seen as labels on the face of the CD or key information during download.
There you go ! Let’s open TurboTax basic by double clicking the program icon placed inside the Applications folder and not from anywhere else , read as virtual Drive folder.